88% of consumers say that detailed product content is extremely or very important to their purchasing decision. (Google Shopping Guide, 2016).
Consumers expect rich and trusted product content on all channels: desktop to mobile. Accurate, rich and timely product content is critical in the path to purchase from discovery to delight.
One may think that managing product content and data is easy, but the challenges include:
- 10’s enterprise systems in typical back end to manage product data.
- 100’s people sourcing, aggregating, cleansing data needed for commerce.
- 1000’s trading partners requiring exchange data with in a variety of formats.
- 10,000’s of websites, apps and 3rd parties, representing your product/brand to the consumer.
1WorldSync Omni-Channel Data Study: Charting Course for Connected Commerce
A new data study commissioned by 1WorldSync highlighted many of the key challenges suppliers and retailers face when trying to achieve true cross-commerce capabilities. The study surveyed 400 merchants and suppliers from Europe and the U.S. with more than $500 million in annual revenue, and uncovered key insights into the struggles that are faced in today’s omni-channel world.
Key findings suggest that a majority of merchants and suppliers are not fully prepared to meet the varied demands of modern customers. One major data highlight emerged:
Lack of content solutions hamper success: Half of merchants and suppliers do not use a third-party content provider, which hinders their ability to syndicate product content across channels and platforms.
Trusted Content, Everytime, Everywhere
Brands and retailers need trusted, experienced experts to help them on their product content journey towards a single source of truth!
On May 24, 1WorldSync is pleased to partner with Progressive Grocer and GMA and host a webinar on how to “Win Consumers On Their Path To Purchase With Trusted Product Content”.
Join industry leaders from Tyson, Mondelez and 1WorldSync for a compelling discussion and Q&A on:
- The evolution of the product content journey from supply chain to cross-channel commerce
- How trusted content is curated and delivered anytime, everywhere
- How to influence consumers with trusted product content strategies on the path to purchase
- How to effectively navigate hurdles encountered while integrating cross-channel capabilities
- inRiver and 1WorldSync Align To Increase Customer Trust In Product Information Worldwide - January 17, 2018
- A Joint Solution: Manage & Syndicate Medical Device Product Data with Reed Tech and 1WorldSync - December 7, 2017
- Product Content Management In Your Rearview: A Look Back And A Look Forward - December 4, 2017
- How Modern Marketplaces Like Amazon and Alibaba Use Trust to Build Growth - November 28, 2017
- Omni-Channel Shoppers: An Emerging Reality for Retailers - October 12, 2017
- Alibaba’s Astounding Success In Changing The Face Of Global E-Commerce - October 3, 2017
- The Connected Consumer and the Changing Face of Commerce - September 20, 2017
- Connecting the Label to E-Commerce - September 18, 2017
- Why Supply Chain Transparency is Critical to Your Business and Customer Loyalty - September 12, 2017
- Sourcing A Single Source Of Truth For Lowe’s And Beyond - August 21, 2017