88% of consumers say that detailed product content is extremely or very important to their purchasing decision. (Google Shopping Guide, 2016).
Consumers expect rich and trusted product content on all channels: desktop to mobile. Accurate, rich and timely product content is critical in the path to purchase from discovery to delight.
One may think that managing product content and data is easy, but the challenges include:
- 10’s enterprise systems in typical back end to manage product data.
- 100’s people sourcing, aggregating, cleansing data needed for commerce.
- 1000’s trading partners requiring exchange data with in a variety of formats.
- 10,000’s of websites, apps and 3rd parties, representing your product/brand to the consumer.
1WorldSync Omni-Channel Data Study: Charting Course for Connected Commerce
A new data study commissioned by 1WorldSync highlighted many of the key challenges suppliers and retailers face when trying to achieve true cross-commerce capabilities. The study surveyed 400 merchants and suppliers from Europe and the U.S. with more than $500 million in annual revenue, and uncovered key insights into the struggles that are faced in today’s omni-channel world.
Key findings suggest that a majority of merchants and suppliers are not fully prepared to meet the varied demands of modern customers. One major data highlight emerged:
Lack of content solutions hamper success: Half of merchants and suppliers do not use a third-party content provider, which hinders their ability to syndicate product content across channels and platforms.
Trusted Content, Everytime, Everywhere
Brands and retailers need trusted, experienced experts to help them on their product content journey towards a single source of truth!
On May 24, 1WorldSync is pleased to partner with Progressive Grocer and GMA and host a webinar on how to “Win Consumers On Their Path To Purchase With Trusted Product Content”.
Join industry leaders from Tyson, Mondelez and 1WorldSync for a compelling discussion and Q&A on:
- The evolution of the product content journey from supply chain to cross-channel commerce
- How trusted content is curated and delivered anytime, everywhere
- How to influence consumers with trusted product content strategies on the path to purchase
- How to effectively navigate hurdles encountered while integrating cross-channel capabilities
- Begin Your Data Quality Journey With 1WorldSync - April 25, 2018
- Unleash the Power of Product Content to Drive Conversion - April 24, 2018
- 1WorldSync 2018 Annual User Group: Unleash The Power Of Your Product Content! - April 19, 2018
- How a Low-Cost PIM Strategy is a Winning Strategy - April 17, 2018
- 1WorldSync: Trustworthy Content, Anytime, Everywhere - April 3, 2018
- How Kellogg Has Stayed Ahead of the Demand for Product Content Transparency - March 29, 2018
- Good Content Grows Sales – Grow Your Business With Amazon - March 1, 2018
- 2018: The Year of the Omni-Channel Brand - February 26, 2018
- Best of 2017: Top 3 1WorldSync Webinars - February 8, 2018
- Best of 2017: Top 4 1WorldSync E-Books - January 23, 2018