Google and Walmart announced last week a partnership that is starting next month. Walmart customers will be able to access hundreds of thousands of products from the company’s shelves via the online retailing service Google Express, an online marketplace where customers can purchase and set up delivery from stores like Target and Walgreens.
Walmart products will also be available through the Google Assistant and Google Home smart speaker, which competes with Amazon’s Echo. Walmart shoppers can link their customer accounts to Google and get personalized recommendations.
Walmart & Google: Powerful Alone. Better Together
Clearly, the two companies are combining their strengths to take on Amazon. Separately, the companies have had little success drawing shoppers aways from Amazon in the ecommerce space.
Walmart’s network of 4,700 U.S. stores and its fulfillment networks offer a competitive differentiator over Amazon offering an attractive omni-channel options including click-and-collect while Google has deeper artificial intelligence (AI) expertise and a huge pool of new data would allow them to leverage personalization through targeted ads.
Walmart and Google have combined their strengths to battle it out on the online retail market. Walmart’s huge product line will help attract shoppers and it’s the first time the world’s biggest retailer has made its product available online in the United States outside of its own website.
Are You Ready to Take on the eCommerce World?
1WorldSync has been a strategic partner of Walmart for more than a decade, facilitating product content exchange for Walmart manufacturers and supplies. Given this new announcement from Walmart, it’s obvious that they are looking to broaden their online presence and looking for more product content and product assortment.
Whether you have a single item, or hundreds of items; showcasing complete, accurate and up-to-date product content will improve your online search rankings, protect your brand,and increase your products’ visibility to consumers.
1WorldSync has been helping thousands (25,000+) of suppliers and brands to build product content strategies to sell products to Walmart, Amazon, Google and beyond.
Whether you’re utilizing 1WorldSync to capture your GDSN data or non-GDSN data, we work with our customers to simplify product content exchange via a signal connection. The 1WorldSync Product Information Cloud (PIC) make it possible to share content anywhere, anytime, in any format, with anyone – easy.
Are you ready to get your products discovered by Walmart, Google and beyond? Learn more today!
- Cash In on the Micro Moment: Turn Content into Currency With 1WorldSync - October 10, 2018
- Webinar Recap: Maximize Your Investment with 1WorldSync - July 25, 2018
- Expedite Speed to Market with 1WorldSync Connectors - July 10, 2018
- The Power of a Picture: Drive Sales With Efficient Digital Asset Management - July 3, 2018
- Drive Sales With the Digital Catalog - June 26, 2018
- GS1 Connect 2018 Recap - June 13, 2018
- Maximize Your Investment with 1WorldSync: Item Management 8.4 Release - May 24, 2018
- 1 Solution for Trusted Product Content: 1WorldSync - May 8, 2018
- Cash In And Sell More On Global Marketplaces Like Alibaba! - April 11, 2018
- The Devil Is In The Product Content Details - April 5, 2018