Walmart, the 55-year-old retailer, announced that it is dropping the word “stores” from its title in order to solidify their eCommerce Strategy. Effective February 1st, Walmart will change its legal name from “Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.” to “Walmart Inc,” according to a company press release.
The company has spent billions acquiring websites like Jet.com and Bonobos, encouraging customers to shop online. According to Reuters, the name change “highlights the company’s online, pickup and delivery and mobile shopping capabilities.”
Their eCommerce strategy is tied to the Walmart Marketplace that continues to expand its number of sellers and SKUs. If your product is not represented on their website, Walmart will dropping ‘stores’ from their name. This highlights the importance of getting your product represented on their marketplace!
Did you know large marketplaces like Walmart, Amazon and Alibaba often get more traffic than a single brand’s website?
Thus, brands and manufacturers must prepare their products to be found everywhere your shopper is, including Walmart, Amazon and Alibaba.
To ensure your products stand out from the competition on these digital shelves it is imperative that high-quality content is reflective of your brand in these large marketplaces. Making sure that your product content and digital assets reflect your brand in these marketplaces will help your products sell.
How are you prepared to tap into Walmart, Amazon and Alibaba’s incredible eCommerce growth?
You must take control of your product content to ensure that you are sending accurate and complete product content to Walmart.com and other marketplaces enabling your to protect your brand equity.
1WorldSync works exclusively with companies like Walmart and Amazon to help brands distribute their GDSN and eCommerce data. The 1WorldSync Product Information Cloud helps customers seamlessly list, manage and optimize product content necessary to sell on marketplaces.
Learn more today on how you can get your product content delivered to Walmart, Amazon and beyond!
- Take Control Of Your Product’s Experience On The Path To Purchase - February 15, 2018
- Tap Into The Power Of The Amazon Effect With 1WorldSync - January 18, 2018
- Walmart Drops ‘Stores’ from Name, Highlights the Importance of Getting Your Product Represented on Marketplaces! - January 11, 2018
- Amazon Wants Your GDSN Product Data in 2018! - December 12, 2017
- Product Content Is Your Brand’s Competitive Differentiator in an Omni-Channel World - November 20, 2017
- Single and Ready to Mingle? Alibaba’s Singles Day Event Reminds United States Businesses It May Be Time to “Swipe Right” in China! - November 13, 2017
- Upcoming Webinar: Tap into new market potential with Alibaba! - November 9, 2017
- Big Ten Attributes: Optimize Your Product And Amplify Your Brand With 1WorldSync - November 8, 2017
- Are You Prepared to Get Your Products Selling on Walmart.com Before the Holidays? - October 31, 2017
- Boost Sales and Break Into the Chinese Marketplace with Alibaba and 1WorldSync - October 30, 2017