Walmart, the 55-year-old retailer, announced that it is dropping the word “stores” from its title in order to solidify their eCommerce Strategy. Effective February 1st, Walmart will change its legal name from “Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.” to “Walmart Inc,” according to a company press release.
The company has spent billions acquiring websites like Jet.com and Bonobos, encouraging customers to shop online. According to Reuters, the name change “highlights the company’s online, pickup and delivery and mobile shopping capabilities.”
Their eCommerce strategy is tied to the Walmart Marketplace that continues to expand its number of sellers and SKUs. If your product is not represented on their website, Walmart will dropping ‘stores’ from their name. This highlights the importance of getting your product represented on their marketplace!
Did you know large marketplaces like Walmart, Amazon and Alibaba often get more traffic than a single brand’s website?
Thus, brands and manufacturers must prepare their products to be found everywhere your shopper is, including Walmart, Amazon and Alibaba.
To ensure your products stand out from the competition on these digital shelves it is imperative that high-quality content is reflective of your brand in these large marketplaces. Making sure that your product content and digital assets reflect your brand in these marketplaces will help your products sell.
How are you prepared to tap into Walmart, Amazon and Alibaba’s incredible eCommerce growth?
You must take control of your product content to ensure that you are sending accurate and complete product content to Walmart.com and other marketplaces enabling your to protect your brand equity.
1WorldSync works exclusively with companies like Walmart and Amazon to help brands distribute their GDSN and eCommerce data. The 1WorldSync Product Information Cloud helps customers seamlessly list, manage and optimize product content necessary to sell on marketplaces.
Learn more today on how you can get your product content delivered to Walmart, Amazon and beyond!
- Cash In on the Micro Moment: Turn Content into Currency With 1WorldSync - October 10, 2018
- Webinar Recap: Maximize Your Investment with 1WorldSync - July 25, 2018
- Expedite Speed to Market with 1WorldSync Connectors - July 10, 2018
- The Power of a Picture: Drive Sales With Efficient Digital Asset Management - July 3, 2018
- Drive Sales With the Digital Catalog - June 26, 2018
- GS1 Connect 2018 Recap - June 13, 2018
- Maximize Your Investment with 1WorldSync: Item Management 8.4 Release - May 24, 2018
- 1 Solution for Trusted Product Content: 1WorldSync - May 8, 2018
- Cash In And Sell More On Global Marketplaces Like Alibaba! - April 11, 2018
- The Devil Is In The Product Content Details - April 5, 2018