Got the list? Check. Got the coupons? Check. Grab the kids and off you go for a thrilling ride to the local grocery store. Up and down the aisles, comparing labels, mentally calculating totals and if you’re lucky, you’ll be unloading those groceries about 2 hours later. Sounds like a fun Saturday. Fortunately, for many, there’s some relief in the form of online groceries and it’s revolutionizing the way people shop.
And while technology has brought the supermarket to consumers’ fingertips online, there is also a digital wave happening within the aisles of the store, as we see mobile become part of that same shopping experience.
Really, you ask? Take a look at some recent stats.
- Nearly one-third of shoppers say they would use various forms of digital technology if it were offered at their grocery store. The most desired offering shoppers would like to see is an app that provides the ability to order items not available in store and the ability to scan items as they shop in order to bypass checkout.
- Thirty-six percent of shoppers are interested in using an app or web portal to preorder prepared foods they can pick up at the store.
- More than 40% of shoppers report buying grocery purchases online at least once a month.
Since most shoppers are never far from their smartphones, online ordering is easier. Plus, there simply are more ways to shop online for food and other household products. Certainly, digital changes are disrupting the way consumers shop and eat. Healthy living products, including dietary supplements such as vitamins, minerals, herbs and other botanicals, amino acids and metabolites, as well as cosmetics, organic body and personal care products, pet products, sports nutrition and health foods are more readily available. And just by virtue of the wide availability means that comparison shopping (prices, ingredients, etc.) is far easier. That’s great news for consumers who are busier, pickier and far more demanding than ever.
The CPG and Foodservice industry landscapes continue to transform and grow and the demand for transparency of product information is more important than ever before. 1WorldSync solutions for transparency and compliance, such as the SmartLabel solution, can help those businesses meet these demands, regulations and ultimately, free up those crowded grocery store aisles.
- Teal Pumpkins aren’t a Trick, but a Sign of Safe Treats - October 19, 2016
- Happy National School Lunch Week! - October 14, 2016
- The OG of Product Information Transparency: The Mason Jar - October 4, 2016
- It’s Showtime: It’s Time for YOU to Discover 1WorldSync Showcase for Foodservice - September 26, 2016
- The Organic (R)evolution - September 14, 2016
- Discoverability, the Modern Matchmaker of B2C Relationships - September 9, 2016
- A Virtual Trip Down the Grocery Aisle – How Consumer Shopping Trends are Shifting - August 29, 2016
- This Year’s Back to School Checklist Includes Transparency & Traceability - August 11, 2016
- Back to School Blues: The Chore of the Daily Lunch - August 5, 2016
- Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Product Information - June 21, 2016