It was a great week at Shoptalk 2017. Connected Commerce is the name of the game…companies are mobilizing behind mobile and beyond! From sessions on how online is going offline to rising mobile commerce in China; with major retail and brand speakers like eBay, Nordstrom, Walmart, Kimberly-Clark, Mondelez, Samsung, HSN, Apple, Lowe’s and on and on and on….the discussions were insightful and engaging. Not to mention the appearance of the Bumby’s for fair and honest appraisals of attendee appearances.
So for our loyal 1WorldSync followers, let’s boil it down on a few key insights relative to product content.
- Shoppers will start and end their purchase journey in different places. It’s a fact. Brands and retailers alike must make their cross-channel commerce capabilities and content in those channels consistent, authentic and engaging.
- Omni = Om-need…one speaker coined a phrased that omni really means om-need. As a brand, you need to have your product content available when the shopper wants it, needs it, and when they ask for it. Is it a Dash button? Store Display? Alexa? Challenges abound!
- Content is global, distribution is local. Content is not “one-size-fits-all;” yet, brand reputation, recognition and market position has to be consistent globally. However, consumers around the world consume that information differently – it must be tailored for local markets. Product content strategies are following global commerce strategies and no longer siloed within channels.
- The “connectivity of things” means product content is traveling and traversing mediums in exponential fashion. Voice search to physical outcome is not easy. Natural processing language and search context are just the start of challenges (or opportunities) facing retailers and brands on the consumer path to purchase.
All this points to the fact that connected commerce is growing, changing, evolving, iterating, exploding and imploding…all at once. Product content in this environment must be trustworthy, authentic, consistent, relevant and timely. Brands and retailers need partners to help them in this quest for delivering frictionless commerce. The eco-system is growing, these global power houses are choosing trusted, experienced experts to help them on their journey!
Thank you Shoptalk for another great year of rewriting the commerce blueprint!
- Shoptalk 2017 Recap - March 28, 2017
- Walmart Unleashes Bold Strategy To Take Amazon Head-On - February 7, 2017
- Ringing In The Retail: Does Size Matter? - December 19, 2016
- Back to the Future of The Evolution of E-Commerce – Part 2 - December 19, 2016
- Back to the Future of The Evolution of E-Commerce – Part 1 - December 19, 2016
- Still Struggling with the Complexities of Omni-Channel Retailing? - October 26, 2016
- It’s The Holiday Season for Omni-Channel Retail - October 18, 2016
- How The Consumer Experience is Driven by “I Need to Know Moments” - October 5, 2016
- The Supplier Side – Must Do: Leveraging Walmart’s Store Assortment Online Initiative - September 27, 2016
- Retail: The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated - September 14, 2016