The strategy of getting product content from one place to another is pretty easy. Executing against that strategy is where it gets tricky.
It seems simple enough. Take the information that is shown on TV, Digital ads, social media posts, on the package and pass it on. Everybody sees the content daily so it must be in a place that is easy to share, oh and while we are at it, let’s send all the good info that helps an item get from point A [the manufacturer’s end of the production line] to Point B [a warehouse] to point C [The store or digital shelf]. In today’s digital age, you would think that this would be easy as pie.
Product Content Is King
Turns out it is a bit trickier than that. First off, you need to make sure that all the information is in a format that the organization you are sending it to can process and display in their systems and online. Not so bad you say?
What about a picture of the product? You want the best light, studio quality pictures to perfectly represent your product in advertising and on your website right? The picture should also be a exact representation of what someone could buy today. The question is why does that not apply when you setup a product for a retailer? I am guessing it is because the images are not available at the time of setup or it is assumed that the retailer/e-tailer/operator can get those images elsewhere. Feels like there is something missing right? Retailers think that too.
Can you imagine how drastically different our purchasing decisions would be if product content wasn’t as detailed as it is today?
How Reynolds New PIM Implementation Cultivated Trust in Data and Decisions
If we examine a use case, Reynolds Consumer Products Company was faced with the challenge of decommissioning an existing Product Information Management (PIM) solution that would no longer be supported.
To implement the solution seamlessly, Reynolds enlisted the help of product content experts, the 1WorldSync Professional Services team, whose best-in-class product content management strategy solution consolidated product information from multiple, disparate sources, offering a “single source of truth” for all product attributes and allowed synchronization of product information to trading partners directly. Download our case study to learn more!
- To Marketplace, To Marketplace..To Buy And Sell! – Part 2 - October 19, 2017
- To Marketplace, To Marketplace..To Buy And Sell! – Part 1 - October 16, 2017
- What is the difference between a gorilla and a mouse? - October 5, 2017
- NRA, NSA and NBA..I have heard of those, but what is NRF? - October 2, 2017
- Out of Sight, Out of Mind..Does Your Brand Leave A Lasting Impression? - September 25, 2017
- Shift or Reverse? Retail Is Alive! - August 17, 2017
- It’s Just Commerce! - August 8, 2017
- 1WorldSync AUG 2017: What Happens In Vegas..Does Not Stay in Vegas! - July 5, 2017
- There is no I in Team…but there is a me - June 13, 2017
- Lights, Camera, Action: 1WorldSync AUG 2017 Awaits! - June 8, 2017