How is the Alibaba marketplace different than the Amazon marketplace?
Short version, for end consumers, there is not a huge difference. People shop products, and there are multiple sellers who will fulfill those products. Longer answer would focus more on the suppliers providing product and supporting them with content. Vetting processes, agreements, reverse logistics, and commission/percentages all play factors into how suppliers/distributors/retailers collaborate to get product up on these marketplace sites.
Why has Amazon grown to be known as the best online marketplace?
- Much like real estate, location location locaton. Amazon is a brand virtually everyone on the planet knows, and as such companies want to feature their products on Amazon.com. For Amazon this results in one of the largest and richest selections of products available.
- End Consumers know how to interact with Amazon. They are continuing to evolve their platform to ensure a user-friendly design [think Alexa], along with intuitive search options and multiple filters to get the end consumer to the right product.
- They also provide end consumers comprehensive review system with star rating, personalized offers and recommendations to consumers, based on their shopping and browsing history and customer loyalty programs with free shipping and other goodies.
Why is it more important than ever to get your products listed on online marketplaces?
I wouldn’t say it is important to get your products listed, as they are already out there. I would say that it is important to work with these marketplaces to ensure your brand’s integrity is maintained across all digital challenges, and be aware of how you as a manufacturer are being viewed by the global consumers. Your products are out there, but how they are being represented might not be how you and your organization envision it.
How Does 1WorldSync Enable You To Get Onto Marketplaces Like Amazon, Alibaba, Walmart.com & Google?
Marketplaces have the potential to help your products reach millions of new, global customers and 1WorldSync has you covered! It’s time for your products to be discovered by more buyers on the world’s largest marketplaces.
1WorldSync believes that trust and transparency are key components that account for a successful marketplace. What draws consumers to a marketplace is how the marketplace manages trust. A certain level of trust is required for any transaction to take place.
As a leading provider of product content solutions, 1WorldSync helps brands and suppliers organize their product content according to marketplace specifications and gets their products listed and in front of millions of new shoppers.
1WorldSync helps you easily publish your product content to key marketplaces such as Walmart, Alibaba, Amazon and beyond by:
- Streamlining the item setup process with 100% accurate data and complying with industry standards.
- Gaining exposure and managing all your product information via one solution.
- Reducing operational time while increasing your online presence and penetrating new markets.
- To Marketplace, To Marketplace..To Buy And Sell! – Part 2 - October 19, 2017
- To Marketplace, To Marketplace..To Buy And Sell! – Part 1 - October 16, 2017
- What is the difference between a gorilla and a mouse? - October 5, 2017
- NRA, NSA and NBA..I have heard of those, but what is NRF? - October 2, 2017
- Out of Sight, Out of Mind..Does Your Brand Leave A Lasting Impression? - September 25, 2017
- Shift or Reverse? Retail Is Alive! - August 17, 2017
- It’s Just Commerce! - August 8, 2017
- 1WorldSync AUG 2017: What Happens In Vegas..Does Not Stay in Vegas! - July 5, 2017
- There is no I in Team…but there is a me - June 13, 2017
- Lights, Camera, Action: 1WorldSync AUG 2017 Awaits! - June 8, 2017