Are you a supplier who struggles with sales volume? Are you lost on how to get your product content on the new high tech digital shelving seen now at select grocery stores? Do you know what images are needed by retailers that sell your products via ecommerce or new initiatives like Clicklist?
Kroger, in conjunction with 1WorldSync, has held two Kroger Item MDM Supplier Webinars on February 8th and 13th, 2018 specifically designed to answer these questions.
Ultimately the Kroger Item MDM Supplier Webinars are centered on the product content submitted by Kroger suppliers. This product content provides information critical to consumers who are making purchase decisions. Meeting Kroger’s product content requirements allows suppliers and brands to participate in Kroger initiatives like Clicklist.
What Initiatives Are Kroger Piloting?
- The Clicklist initiative allows consumers to buy online and pick up their items curbside at stores. Kroger has established over 1000 clicklist locations in select US markets this past December. Items that meet Kroger’s product content requirements then become available on Clicklist and generate +7% more sales volume.
- Currently a Kroger pilot lets select customers to ship directly to their house.
- A separate initiative, available in 400 stores this year, allows Kroger customers to scan items for product content information using a handheld device available through the store or their smartphone.
- High tech digital shelf edges, already available at over 150 stores, will also alert consumers to products that factor into their purchase decisions. For example, if you are looking for products that are gluten free or high in protein, a green line will appear on the digital shelf to indicate products that meet this requirement.
So how can you increase your sales volume and participate in these Kroger initiatives?
The Kroger Item MDM Supplier Webinars cover the steps and best practices for validating and submitting items and attributes (information that describes the product – images, size, ingredients and nutrient info) to Kroger Item MDM.
This puts your products in queue to participate in the above mentioned Kroger initiatives. Suppliers who would like to participate should submit their items before end of March 2018.
What can we do if we missed the Webinar?
For those who were unable to attend our two prior webinars, the Kroger landing page offers resources and the information necessary to ensure compliance to the Kroger MDM Complete initiative by the March 2018 deadline.
If you still have questions or are seeking additional resources – not to worry! Kroger is offering two additional webinars on the below dates – Register Today!
- How Do Successful SMBs Operate Within eCommerce Storefronts? - September 27, 2018
- No St Patty’s Day Luck Needed: Improve Sales with Kroger in 5 Steps! - March 15, 2018
- What Did You Miss During Our Kroger Item MDM Supplier Webinar? - February 21, 2018
- Why Kroger Loves Trusted Product Content - February 14, 2018