As a marketer, I have to give credit where credit is due. The creation of Amazon Prime Day was a brilliant move! With the third Amazon Prime Day now over, it’s clear that Amazon is trying achieve the same status as consumer calendar events like Cyber Monday and Black Friday.
Amazon said last week that their sales event was its “biggest day ever,” with sales this year surpassing its 2016 Black Friday and Cyber Monday results. Their Prime Day generated $1 billion in sales, making it the best sales day ever for the company (Bloomberg 2017).
According to Amazon, “The Prime Day 2017 event grew by more than 60 percent compared to the same 30 hours last year, and sales growth by small businesses and entrepreneurs was even higher” (Businesswire 2017).
Market Domination: The Struggle For Shelf Space
Smart suppliers are going “Prime”and ensuring their products are on the Amazon marketplace shelves and differentiating themselves with in-depth product content.
Amazon’s giant footprint gives suppliers an enormous opportunity to get in front of millions of potential customers they could not hope to find alone. Amazon enables small suppliers to compete with the larger players.
Are you ready to get your products discovered by Amazon?
1WorldSync makes it easy for customers to go “prime” and set-up their products based on Amazon.com requirements and publish directly to Amazon Vendor Central. Smart suppliers are standardizing and leveraging their GDSN data to submit GDSN and Non-GDSN product content to Amazon efficiently.
1WorldSync has partnered with Amazon enabling our customers to send data to Amazon electronically.
- “Amazon’s Prime Day Generates Estimated $1 Billion in Sales” 12 July, 2017<https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-12/amazon-s-prime-day-proves-to-be-biggest-shopping-day-ever>
- “Prime Members Enjoyed Biggest Global Shopping Event in Amazon History this Prime Day”> 12 July, 2017. <http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170712005745/en/>
- Take Control Of Your Product’s Experience On The Path To Purchase - February 15, 2018
- Tap Into The Power Of The Amazon Effect With 1WorldSync - January 18, 2018
- Walmart Drops ‘Stores’ from Name, Highlights the Importance of Getting Your Product Represented on Marketplaces! - January 11, 2018
- Amazon Wants Your GDSN Product Data in 2018! - December 12, 2017
- Product Content Is Your Brand’s Competitive Differentiator in an Omni-Channel World - November 20, 2017
- Single and Ready to Mingle? Alibaba’s Singles Day Event Reminds United States Businesses It May Be Time to “Swipe Right” in China! - November 13, 2017
- Upcoming Webinar: Tap into new market potential with Alibaba! - November 9, 2017
- Big Ten Attributes: Optimize Your Product And Amplify Your Brand With 1WorldSync - November 8, 2017
- Are You Prepared to Get Your Products Selling on Walmart.com Before the Holidays? - October 31, 2017
- Boost Sales and Break Into the Chinese Marketplace with Alibaba and 1WorldSync - October 30, 2017