Reynolds Consumer Products Company was faced with the challenge of decommissioning an existing Product Information Management (PIM) solution that would no longer be supported.
At the same time, retailer demands for additional pieces of information about their products made it crucial to implement a solution that could easily handle the growing number of attributes required, allowing for both automated and manual data entry.
Reynolds PIM Rehaul
Their challenges were best summarized around:
- Lack of Understanding
- No engagement with GS1 and standards
- Failure to leverage 1Worldsync
- Informal Processes
- Reliance on tribal knowledge
- Lack of buy-in from leadership
- Product Information Management (PIM) inadequate to meet growing needs
- Data Accuracy
- Attribute Expansions
- “All PIMs must be alike” mentality
Getting In-Sync with 1WorldSync & LANSA
To accomplish these objectives, Reynolds decided that they needed a new PIM that could:
- replicate the functionality of their existing solution
- provide more robust integration and workflows
- offer improved validations and messaging to streamline troubleshooting
- syndicate data across an increasingly vast omnichannel ecosystem
In order to fully realize the benefits of product content management, Reynolds turned to 1WorldSync and LANSA for a PIM technology solution and implementation expertise.
To implement the solution seamlessly, Reynolds enlisted the help of product content experts, the 1WorldSync Professional Services team, whose best-in-class product content management strategy and wealth of expertise would support their vision.
Premium access to 1WorldSync’s world-class data pool solution certified for the GS1 Global Data Standardization Network™ (GDSN®) provided Reynolds with a full end-to-end global content aggregation and product distribution solution.
1WorldSync leveraged their long-standing partnership with LANSA, a leading GDSN Connector solution, providing supply-side connectivity. Both companies have a proven history of working together, since 2001, and have successfully completed many joint customer engagements by simplifying Item Management Processes through thought leadership and technology.
Reynolds – Enabling Trusted Content Everytime in Every Channel
The initial decision of choosing 1WorldSync to manage the engagement ensured Reynolds would benefit from 1WorldSync industry experience and provide a best practice approach to data quality and delivery. Selecting LANSA Data Sync Direct for aggregation, validation and syndication of item data, Reynolds has a solution to address today’s requirements and positions them for future change.
“Thanks to 1WorldSync and LANSA, there was a significant improvement to our current state, and the capability to distribute non-GDSN product information to the Kroger VIP.”
~Vernetta McDowell, Director of Sales and Operations Planning, Reynolds
To read more about how the 1WorldSync/LANSA Data Sync Direct Solution was instrumental in a highly configurable solution with trusted and accurate product information management at Reynolds, download our case study.
- Challenge Dairy Enables Their Sales Team and Drives Conversion with Digital Catalog - October 17, 2018
- GDSN 101 - October 4, 2018
- But First…Accurate Product Content - September 20, 2018
- Customer Experience is the King of E-Commerce - September 11, 2018
- Four Keys To Unlocking Content Quality With Master Data Management - September 6, 2018
- From UDI to GDSN: How the Medical Device Data Landscape Keeps Evolving - July 18, 2018
- Content Analytics and 1WorldSync Finalize Collaborative Agreement to Optimize Retail Conversion and Sales - July 5, 2018
- 1WorldSync Recognizes Leaders in Product Information and Global Content Distribution Through the 2018 Power of 1 Awards - June 14, 2018
- Label Insight and 1WorldSync Introduce LabelSync - May 15, 2018
- The Arthrex Journey: Achieving Data Requirements For UDI And Beyond - May 2, 2018