We know it’s only October, but believe it or not, a survey by CreditCard.com says that 1 percent of Americans, or 34 million Santas, say they are done with their shopping. Already. Before the first week of October. Whether these folks are looking for bargains or are just hyper-organized, experts say those who had their Christmas shopping wrapped up before fall officially arrived likely made their purchases online.
What about the remaining 99%? They’ll be shopping, too. On Tuesday, Oct. 4, the National Retail Federation announced that it anticipates holiday sales to increase 3.6% to $655.8 billion. While in-store purchases will continue to dominate, with 91% of holiday shoppers planning to spend at physical stores, that leaves about 8% or so shopping online (though about 85% of holiday shoppers will likely research online before making in-store purchases). Clearly, holiday shoppers are expecting an omni-channel experience this season with physical and digital retail converging, trying to get consumers to spend.
According to The International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), “shoppers intend to take advantage of the diverse options for shopping, spending across channels. Most prominently, consumers are reliant upon omni-channel retailers versus pure play online or solely physical retailers.”
Brands and retailers will have lots to do in order to drive higher conversion rates, so here’s a quick hit list of reminders:
- Go Digital: Centralize and digitize product content for omni-channel.
- Get Discovered: Connect with new buyers and category managers to create new opportunities.
- Sell Everywhere: Showcase and promote products on any channel.
- Deliver Content Efficiently: Engage and integrate product information with Omni-channel customers.
It’s a crowded omni-channel world especially during the holidays! Can all of this happen in time to take advantage of the anticipated big boost in holiday spending? Absolutely. 1WorldSync omni-channel solutions can help your products stand out and engage the elevated expectations of seasonal shoppers.
- Shoptalk 2017 Recap - March 28, 2017
- Walmart Unleashes Bold Strategy To Take Amazon Head-On - February 7, 2017
- Ringing In The Retail: Does Size Matter? - December 19, 2016
- Back to the Future of The Evolution of E-Commerce – Part 2 - December 19, 2016
- Back to the Future of The Evolution of E-Commerce – Part 1 - December 19, 2016
- Still Struggling with the Complexities of Omni-Channel Retailing? - October 26, 2016
- It’s The Holiday Season for Omni-Channel Retail - October 18, 2016
- How The Consumer Experience is Driven by “I Need to Know Moments” - October 5, 2016
- The Supplier Side – Must Do: Leveraging Walmart’s Store Assortment Online Initiative - September 27, 2016
- Retail: The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated - September 14, 2016