We know it’s only October, but believe it or not, a survey by CreditCard.com says that 1 percent of Americans, or 34 million Santas, say they are done with their shopping. Already. Before the first week of October. Whether these folks are looking for bargains or are just hyper-organized, experts say those who had their Christmas shopping wrapped up before fall officially arrived likely made their purchases online.
What about the remaining 99%? They’ll be shopping, too. On Tuesday, Oct. 4, the National Retail Federation announced that it anticipates holiday sales to increase 3.6% to $655.8 billion. While in-store purchases will continue to dominate, with 91% of holiday shoppers planning to spend at physical stores, that leaves about 8% or so shopping online (though about 85% of holiday shoppers will likely research online before making in-store purchases). Clearly, holiday shoppers are expecting an omni-channel experience this season with physical and digital retail converging, trying to get consumers to spend.
According to The International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), “shoppers intend to take advantage of the diverse options for shopping, spending across channels. Most prominently, consumers are reliant upon omni-channel retailers versus pure play online or solely physical retailers.”
Brands and retailers will have lots to do in order to drive higher conversion rates, so here’s a quick hit list of reminders:
- Go Digital: Centralize and digitize product content for omni-channel.
- Get Discovered: Connect with new buyers and category managers to create new opportunities.
- Sell Everywhere: Showcase and promote products on any channel.
- Deliver Content Efficiently: Engage and integrate product information with Omni-channel customers.
It’s a crowded omni-channel world especially during the holidays! Can all of this happen in time to take advantage of the anticipated big boost in holiday spending? Absolutely. 1WorldSync omni-channel solutions can help your products stand out and engage the elevated expectations of seasonal shoppers.
- Best of 2017: Top 3 1WorldSync Webinars - February 8, 2018
- Best of 2017: Top 4 1WorldSync E-Books - January 23, 2018
- inRiver and 1WorldSync Align To Increase Customer Trust In Product Information Worldwide - January 17, 2018
- A Joint Solution: Manage & Syndicate Medical Device Product Data with Reed Tech and 1WorldSync - December 7, 2017
- Product Content Management In Your Rearview: A Look Back And A Look Forward - December 4, 2017
- How Modern Marketplaces Like Amazon and Alibaba Use Trust to Build Growth - November 28, 2017
- Omni-Channel Shoppers: An Emerging Reality for Retailers - October 12, 2017
- Alibaba’s Astounding Success In Changing The Face Of Global E-Commerce - October 3, 2017
- The Connected Consumer and the Changing Face of Commerce - September 20, 2017
- Connecting the Label to E-Commerce - September 18, 2017