We know it’s only October, but believe it or not, a survey by CreditCard.com says that 1 percent of Americans, or 34 million Santas, say they are done with their shopping. Already. Before the first week of October. Whether these folks are looking for bargains or are just hyper-organized, experts say those who had their Christmas shopping wrapped up before fall officially arrived likely made their purchases online.
What about the remaining 99%? They’ll be shopping, too. On Tuesday, Oct. 4, the National Retail Federation announced that it anticipates holiday sales to increase 3.6% to $655.8 billion. While in-store purchases will continue to dominate, with 91% of holiday shoppers planning to spend at physical stores, that leaves about 8% or so shopping online (though about 85% of holiday shoppers will likely research online before making in-store purchases). Clearly, holiday shoppers are expecting an omni-channel experience this season with physical and digital retail converging, trying to get consumers to spend.
According to The International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), “shoppers intend to take advantage of the diverse options for shopping, spending across channels. Most prominently, consumers are reliant upon omni-channel retailers versus pure play online or solely physical retailers.”
Brands and retailers will have lots to do in order to drive higher conversion rates, so here’s a quick hit list of reminders:
- Go Digital: Centralize and digitize product content for omni-channel.
- Get Discovered: Connect with new buyers and category managers to create new opportunities.
- Sell Everywhere: Showcase and promote products on any channel.
- Deliver Content Efficiently: Engage and integrate product information with Omni-channel customers.
It’s a crowded omni-channel world especially during the holidays! Can all of this happen in time to take advantage of the anticipated big boost in holiday spending? Absolutely. 1WorldSync omni-channel solutions can help your products stand out and engage the elevated expectations of seasonal shoppers.
- Label Insight and 1WorldSync Introduce LabelSync - May 15, 2018
- The Arthrex Journey: Achieving Data Requirements For UDI And Beyond - May 2, 2018
- Begin Your Data Quality Journey With 1WorldSync - April 25, 2018
- Unleash the Power of Product Content to Drive Conversion - April 24, 2018
- 1WorldSync 2018 Annual User Group: Unleash The Power Of Your Product Content! - April 19, 2018
- How a Low-Cost PIM Strategy is a Winning Strategy - April 17, 2018
- 1WorldSync: Trustworthy Content, Anytime, Everywhere - April 3, 2018
- How Kellogg Has Stayed Ahead of the Demand for Product Content Transparency - March 29, 2018
- Top 6 Reasons to Attend 1WorldSync 2018 Annual User Group - March 6, 2018
- Good Content Grows Sales – Grow Your Business With Amazon - March 1, 2018