Consolidation: To bring together (separate parts) into a single or unified whole; unite; combine.
Generally speaking, market consolidation – be it health insurance, airlines or phone carriers – has not necessarily been good thing for consumers. Rather, it’s traditionally meant the potential for future price increases as a result of less competition. But faster than you can click BUY NOW on your shopping app, that’s all about to change. Enter in the biggest news in business and retail – Walmart’s deal to purchase Jet.com, one of the hottest new names in e-commerce. The world’s largest retailer has been getting a lot more aggressive in e-commerce over the past year in the quest to expand its online inventory and set aside $2 billion over the next two years to grow on the web.
The deal could help Walmart become the No. 2 online retailer and position the company for even faster e-commerce growth in the future by expanding customer reach and adding new capabilities. And that’s GOOD NEWS for consumers because according to the folks at Walmart, they plan to win by staying laser-focused on one thing: the customer.
That plan includes adding 1 million products per month, primarily through third-party vendors selling via Walmart.com. And that right there is GREAT NEWS for suppliers. Suppliers that were smart to get into Jet.com now are a part of Walmart’s community and their products will be shopped even more than ever. Not already on board? Then your company could have the potential to be one of those one million products added.
Make it easy and partner with 1WorldSync. Our Catalog1 solution allows suppliers to organize and centralize all of their product information in one place in the cloud. When ready to extend Catalog1 for sales, distribution and compliance, there are a number of value added applications that can be added. Your company’s products can get to Jet.com, Amazon, Google and beyond.
Want to find out more? Download our new eBook, “How Suppliers Can Conquer the Product Information Challenge To Grab the First Mover Advantage,” and gain the competitive edge you need in this every changing, ever growing eCommerce world.
- Shoptalk 2017 Recap - March 28, 2017
- Walmart Unleashes Bold Strategy To Take Amazon Head-On - February 7, 2017
- Ringing In The Retail: Does Size Matter? - December 19, 2016
- Back to the Future of The Evolution of E-Commerce – Part 2 - December 19, 2016
- Back to the Future of The Evolution of E-Commerce – Part 1 - December 19, 2016
- Still Struggling with the Complexities of Omni-Channel Retailing? - October 26, 2016
- It’s The Holiday Season for Omni-Channel Retail - October 18, 2016
- How The Consumer Experience is Driven by “I Need to Know Moments” - October 5, 2016
- The Supplier Side – Must Do: Leveraging Walmart’s Store Assortment Online Initiative - September 27, 2016
- Retail: The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated - September 14, 2016