Last week, I attended a webinar where Amazon announced that they will begin sourcing attributes via the GDSN with 1WorldSync as their content strategy provider.
Amazon is clearly committed to providing accurate and complete product content to consumers via Amazon.com marketplace. As a testament to this commitment, they are working with 1WorldSync to receive enriched, standardized product content through the data synchronization process.
Amazon leverages Global Data Synchronization Network (GDSN) product content to:
- Improve attribute completeness and accuracy of the product data listed on the Amazon catalog
- Reduce defects that arise as a result of inconsistent or poor quality product data
- Decrease turnaround time for attribute changes
During the webinar, they announced that they are working initially with thirty companies to receive this information. This will act as the foundation to feed the future state when more data will be integrated.
How do you prepare to meet Amazon’s product content requirements?
- Commit to your product content journey and GDSN initiative. It’s more important than ever to commit to your product content journey to ensure your product content is robust, accurate, and complete to meet the continually changing mandates and regulations and meet the needs of the end consumer.
- Leverage ONE solution. 1WorldSync is the only company working to feed Amazon GDSN and eCommerce data. You cannot keep up with the ever increasing demand for product content, unless you have a holistic strategy that addresses the entire project. There are many companies that are trying to address parts and pieces, but there is only one company that addresses the whole thing and addresses it on a global scale.
- Create a cross-functional team and work together on your product content strategy. You may be solely responsible for GDSN data, however now is your opportunity to demonstrate the value of the GDSN data. Work with your eCommerce, marketing and even Amazon team to ensure you have a strategy in place to get Amazon and other retailers the product content they’re demanding.
- Act now! The majority of consumers look to the Amazon Marketplace to learn more about the products they buy. 1WorldSync is working with Amazon to collect ALL product content needed to make your product discoverable. Develop a roadmap to collect and send Amazon (and all of your other recipients) additional product content today!
The time is now! It’s time to get your product content strategy in order now and take full advantage of 2018.
Learn more about the completeness and quality of the product content supplied via the GDSN and how you can provide an automated process to manage and distribute your product content to Amazon.
- Get Your Product to Walmart.com Before the Holidays - October 11, 2017
- Great News for Kroger VIP Suppliers! Go further with your product content and get your products to new shelves - October 9, 2017
- Great News for 1WorldSync Customers! Amazon Sources Product Attributes Via The GDSN - September 27, 2017
- Walmart and Google Take on Amazon! - August 28, 2017
- Sell Products Successfully On Amazon Today! - August 23, 2017
- Getting Smart About Sustainability and the SmartLabel™ Initiative - August 16, 2017
- It’s Prime Time! - July 19, 2017
- Take Advantage of the 1WorldSync Expanded Offerings to Improve Global Cross-Channel Commerce Capabilities this Summer! - July 17, 2017
- It’s Time to Cash In With 1WorldSync At GS1 Connect! - June 1, 2017
- Digital Catalogs Drive Conversions - April 20, 2017