Last week, I attended the Global Sustainability Summit and listened to a panel where Jim Flannery, Senior Executive Vice President of GMA and a panel of experts, including our very own Chris Lemmond, discussed SmartLabel™ & Sustainability.
The panelists discussed how consumers think about things like a brand’s sustainability contribution, how ingredients are sourced and how brands can leverage SmartLabel™ pages to tell their story around sustainability delivering trust and transparency to the end consumer.
We all know that consumers have become more conscientious about what they buy and want to be informed about what is inside the products they purchase. The SmartLabel™ initiative, a program that was initiated by the Grocery Manufacturers Association (GMA), allows brands to communicate fact-based information about their products to consumers meeting shoppers expectations for accessing all types of information in new and practical ways.
While a nutrition facts label provides insight into what ingredients are in an item, it only scratches the surface as these labels have limited real estate on the package. SmartLabel™ pages allows brands to share in-depth product information empowering consumers to make better, more informed choices.
Are your ready to differentiate your brand?
The SmartLabel™ initiative offers brands the opportunity to own their product content online and share out fact-based product data via SmartLabel™ pages. Companies investing in sustainability best-practices have the opportunity to tell their story to the end consumer and present it via SmartLabel™ pages diversifying their product. Each product participating in SmartLabel™ has a specifically formatted landing page, which can be accessed through a web search, and QR code on their smart phones.
Transparency isn’t just about disclosure…It can be about a more complete picture of the details of how the product is created and what sustainable best-practices the brand is putting in place to manufacture the product. These details can support a brand’s promise and give consumer more reason to love this brand.
Are you ready to take control of your product content and meet transparency demands?
1WorldSync has a longstanding partnership with brand manufacturers and retailers to manage product content and distribute it to consumers. Our customers can now leverage their investment in GDSN to go further and push their product content onto SmartLabel™ pages giving customers clear access to information about the product.
- Take Control Of Your Product’s Experience On The Path To Purchase - February 15, 2018
- Tap Into The Power Of The Amazon Effect With 1WorldSync - January 18, 2018
- Walmart Drops ‘Stores’ from Name, Highlights the Importance of Getting Your Product Represented on Marketplaces! - January 11, 2018
- Amazon Wants Your GDSN Product Data in 2018! - December 12, 2017
- Product Content Is Your Brand’s Competitive Differentiator in an Omni-Channel World - November 20, 2017
- Single and Ready to Mingle? Alibaba’s Singles Day Event Reminds United States Businesses It May Be Time to “Swipe Right” in China! - November 13, 2017
- Upcoming Webinar: Tap into new market potential with Alibaba! - November 9, 2017
- Big Ten Attributes: Optimize Your Product And Amplify Your Brand With 1WorldSync - November 8, 2017
- Are You Prepared to Get Your Products Selling on Walmart.com Before the Holidays? - October 31, 2017
- Boost Sales and Break Into the Chinese Marketplace with Alibaba and 1WorldSync - October 30, 2017