Fancy an artisanal vanilla-spiked ginger-ale? What about sun dried tomato cottage cheese? Have a hankering for fresh poke spiked with birch water? Or perhaps your tastes run a little more old-fashioned, say whole bean pasta, rolled ice cream and rainbow flecked cappuccino. All real, quite delicious food trends from the summer of 2016. Consumers want the unusual, the interesting and the Instagram-worthy. It’s all good and it’s all delicious and it’s what consumers are shopping for.
Interestingly, many of these items are from small food suppliers/brands. And they are flourishing, encroaching on market share and gaining national distribution as shoppers reach for products that tout themselves as novel, local, rarefied or containing better ingredients. One reason for the success of many small food suppliers and brands, is that along with distributors – some sell through etailers, such as Amazon; other small companies sell directly to the consumer. (According to the NY Times: “Total sales are still dominated by big brands, but brands lost market share in 42 of 54 categories, from baby food to yogurt, over the last five years as new products gained.”)
We’ll state the obvious, but food products – from small and large food companies alike – must get in front of as many consumers as possible, whether on physical and/or virtual shelves. And in order to do this effectively, the focus must be on providing the retailer with as much product information as possible.
This is exactly where 1WorldSync can help. 1WorldSync has developed Showcase for Foodservice, a B2B community based application where you can decide to showcase some or all of your products so that they can be discovered by existing and new buyers or application developers, worldwide! And since 1WorldSync has well-established and longstanding partnerships with the largest foodservice distributors across the globe, chances are pretty darn good that your products will be easily discovered, increasing your brand awareness and of course, your bottom line!
- Teal Pumpkins aren’t a Trick, but a Sign of Safe Treats - October 19, 2016
- Happy National School Lunch Week! - October 14, 2016
- The OG of Product Information Transparency: The Mason Jar - October 4, 2016
- It’s Showtime: It’s Time for YOU to Discover 1WorldSync Showcase for Foodservice - September 26, 2016
- The Organic (R)evolution - September 14, 2016
- Discoverability, the Modern Matchmaker of B2C Relationships - September 9, 2016
- A Virtual Trip Down the Grocery Aisle – How Consumer Shopping Trends are Shifting - August 29, 2016
- This Year’s Back to School Checklist Includes Transparency & Traceability - August 11, 2016
- Back to School Blues: The Chore of the Daily Lunch - August 5, 2016
- Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Product Information - June 21, 2016