Shopping used to be a linear process, but this is no longer the case. Enabled by digital, consumer behaviors have evolved rapidly. The path to purchase contains overlapping touch points along the way. Every touch point is a ‘micro-moment’ that is an opportunity to capture the consumer.
Micro-moments are currently influencing buyer behaviors and expectations, and they’re changing the way consumers shop across industries.
But what exactly are micro-moments?
In what ways are they shaping the consumer journey?
Think with Google leads the charge on researching the way smartphone technology revolutionizes the digital marketing space and states that “Micro moments occur when people reflexively turn to a device—increasingly a smartphone—to act on a need to learn something, do something, discover something, watch something, or buy something. They are intent-rich moments when decisions are made and preferences shaped.”
These intent-driven moments when a person turns to a device to act on:
- I want to know
- I want to go
- I want to do
- I want to buy
These are micro moments. The moments occur when consumers want to find information quickly and accurately and they can happen anytime and anywhere. Thanks to mobile devices consumers have all the information in the world right at their fingertips turning to their device to learn, watch or buy.
Thus, it’s more important than ever that brands deliver the information consumers are looking for exactly when they are looking for.
How can brands start delivering on these micro moments to optimize digital experience?
Delivering rich and robust product content is the only way to digitally optimize for these micro moments. Having more images also helps convert consumers more often, and rank higher on retailers like Amazon.
There is a great deal of work that goes into getting delivering product information onto a virtual shelf to be viewed over e-commerce platforms, mobile apps and more.
The elements required for the “digital shelf” include multiple images of a product, videos, descriptions, ingredients, instructions, ratings, reviews, product availability, pricing and promotion and all of the ways of driving a shopper to the digital shelf.
Micro-moments mean that businesses must be agile and proactive about the types of product content and experiences they share on the digital shelf in order to forge a meaningful connections between businesses and consumers.
Learn how one marketer cashed in on the micro-moment and fueled the digital path to purchase with trusted product content. It’s time to amplify the digital experience and turn content into currency with 1WorldSync!
- Cash In on the Micro Moment: Turn Content into Currency With 1WorldSync - October 10, 2018
- Webinar Recap: Maximize Your Investment with 1WorldSync - July 25, 2018
- Expedite Speed to Market with 1WorldSync Connectors - July 10, 2018
- The Power of a Picture: Drive Sales With Efficient Digital Asset Management - July 3, 2018
- Drive Sales With the Digital Catalog - June 26, 2018
- GS1 Connect 2018 Recap - June 13, 2018
- Maximize Your Investment with 1WorldSync: Item Management 8.4 Release - May 24, 2018
- 1 Solution for Trusted Product Content: 1WorldSync - May 8, 2018
- Cash In And Sell More On Global Marketplaces Like Alibaba! - April 11, 2018
- The Devil Is In The Product Content Details - April 5, 2018