Online purchases start with a Google or Amazon search. Most people do online research and compare different options. Actually, 73% of purchase decisions begin with research conducted on either Google or Amazon (SearchEngine Land 2016).
Today people gather information about products from multiple sources. Even though social media and Internet rule, customers make purchase decisions using a combination of old media, new media, and old-fashioned conversations with friends and family.
Further, consumers expect a consistent experience across channels. Did you know that 72% of consumers value consistency in the products available across brick-and-mortar and online stores, and 69% value consistency in customer service (Infosys 2014)?
Whether your customers come into your store, visit your website, access your mobile app, or receive a mail order catalogue, email or text message, they expect the inventory and offers to be consistent.
Owning your brand on other websites is just as important than on yours!
In 2014, Jeff Bezos stated ‘Your brand is what other people say about you when you’re not in the room. Today, this statement still rings true.
Brand integrity is defined how consumers perceive your company or brand through its products, image, and reputation. And while every customer experience may not meet or exceed the brand promise, when a brand loses integrity, its meaning and value to consumers is diminished.
Brand owners should take back control of their brands by paying close attention to the quality of their web ready content and their online distribution methods.
By ensuring content is curated and distributed effectively, here are 10 attributes that support optimal eCom product page listings.
- Item Identification
- Product Description
- Product Dimensions
- Additional Images and Digital Assets
- Marketing Message (Romance Copy)
- Features and Benefits
- Ingredient Statement
- Preparation Instructions (Primarily for Food items)
- Consumer Usage Instructions (Primarily for Non Food items)
Are you only providing one or two description attributes and want to know why you should provide more? Is your brand or reputation at risk because of non-compliant or misrepresented product?
By incorporating these attributes as a fully integrated component of your retail experience as a best practice, you can effectively achieve:
- Higher conversion rates with a clear understanding of what resonates with and retains your customers.
- Products and experiences that boost brand loyalty and drive sales
Discover Professional Services: Experts In Product Content
One of the most common product content challenges that can slow down a consumer’s product information journey involves leveraging the data you already have in GDSN for e-commerce requirements.
Our professional services team is here to support you in getting your content ‘web-ready’!
- Cash In on the Micro Moment: Turn Content into Currency With 1WorldSync - October 10, 2018
- Webinar Recap: Maximize Your Investment with 1WorldSync - July 25, 2018
- Expedite Speed to Market with 1WorldSync Connectors - July 10, 2018
- The Power of a Picture: Drive Sales With Efficient Digital Asset Management - July 3, 2018
- Drive Sales With the Digital Catalog - June 26, 2018
- GS1 Connect 2018 Recap - June 13, 2018
- Maximize Your Investment with 1WorldSync: Item Management 8.4 Release - May 24, 2018
- 1 Solution for Trusted Product Content: 1WorldSync - May 8, 2018
- Cash In And Sell More On Global Marketplaces Like Alibaba! - April 11, 2018
- The Devil Is In The Product Content Details - April 5, 2018