Last week, 1WorldSync held a webinar with Walmart titled ‘Get Your Products to Walmart.com Before the Holidays.’
The webinar featured JP De Villiers, Director of Content Acquisition, at Walmart, who explained that focusing on omnichannel commerce has helped Walmart remain a top competitor in the retail industry.
JP shared that brands should no longer differentiate in-store products from online products because the only difference is the physical shelf vs the digital shelf. The product itself and content supporting the product remains the same on all channels and all channels are equally important.
Walmart has been pushing to grow its online presence through its third-party site, the Walmart Marketplace. They have seen 60% year growth in eCommerce and are expecting US e-Commerce sales to grow by roughly 40% in 2019 (Bloomberg 2017).
It is clear that Walmart will continue to make investments in eCommerce to drive traffic and improve the customer value proposition.
On the webinar, JP shared that Walmart has five goals for their marketplace:
- Continue and expand representation of brand owner products on Walmart.com
- Provide a highly successful eCommerce platform to brand owners to accelerate growth
- Ensure brand owners are sharing quality product content
- Protect brand integrity
- Drive conversions and product assortment to increase traffic to Walmart.com
Are you prepared to get your products onto Walmart’s digital shelf?
- Expand your reach to more consumers globally and reach 200+ million unique visitors to Walmart.com
- Control your product content shared on digital platforms to improve online search results and product visibility
- Speed up item setup and maintenance through automation
1WorldSync, a certified Content Service Provider to Walmart, is uniquely positioned to help you house all your product data in one solution and deliver to Walmart Stores and Walmart.com.
We received a number of questions on the webinar including:
“How does this differ from how we’re currently publishing to Walmart?”
If you’re already publishing product content to Walmart via the GDSN, you can leverage your investment and your content already in GDSN to send to Walmart.com with the 1WorldSync product information cloud (PIC) and top-off your data to ensure you capture the required product attributes to get your products onto Walmart’s digital shelf.
If you do not use GDSN today, you can still leverage 1WorldSync to get your product content to Walmart.com as well as any of the other trading partners you do business with today.
There are three easy steps to comply with Walmart.com to get your products selling online:
- Load or leverage your existing item information into 1WorldSync
- Select the relevant Walmart category to validate your item
- Resolve any issues and deliver your product data to Walmart.com
1WorldSync has been a strategic content provider of Walmart’s for over 10 years and we are the only solution that provides a single source to feed product content to brick and mortar and digital channels.
Are you prepared to tap into Walmart’s incredible eCommerce growth and publish your data to Walmart.com utilizing the 1WorldSync Walmart.com App?
Take the first step today and follow these steps or simply contact us to get set-up!
- Single and Ready to Mingle? Alibaba’s Singles Day Event Reminds United States Businesses It May Be Time to “Swipe Right” in China! - November 13, 2017
- Upcoming Webinar: Tap into new market potential with Alibaba! - November 9, 2017
- Big Ten Attributes: Optimize Your Product And Amplify Your Brand With 1WorldSync - November 8, 2017
- Are You Prepared to Get Your Products Selling on Walmart.com Before the Holidays? - October 31, 2017
- Boost Sales and Break Into the Chinese Marketplace with Alibaba and 1WorldSync - October 30, 2017
- Opportunity is Calling! Break into the Chinese Market with Alibaba and 1WorldSync - October 23, 2017
- Get Your Product to Walmart.com Before the Holidays - October 11, 2017
- Great News for Kroger VIP Suppliers! Go further with your product content and get your products to new shelves - October 9, 2017
- Great News for 1WorldSync Customers! Amazon Sources Product Attributes Via The GDSN - September 27, 2017
- Walmart and Google Take on Amazon! - August 28, 2017