According to a recent report by Kenshoo, 72% of consumers visit Amazon before making a purchase. In fact, shoppers start their product research nearly 2X more often on Amazon than Google (BloomReach 2016).
It’s more important than ever your product content is highly discoverable on Amazon. Content is what connects you to your customer and, more importantly, to potential customers on their critical path to purchase.
Amazon announced it will begin sourcing attributes via the GDSN with 1WorldSync.
Amazon has invited a select group of suppliers to participate and they working closely to expand the group to include more suppliers and attributes in the near future. Amazon is now able to receive enriched, standardized product content through the data synchronization process enabling Amazon to:
- Receive product content and changes in real time, speeding item setup from days to hours
- Leverage brand owner GDSN core product content already available to help ensure product content accuracy, consistency and completeness
- Leverage the GDSN rules and validations to ensure data quality
Leverage your GDSN product data to build a foundation for sending product content to Amazon!
Leveraging your GDSN product data to build a foundation for sending product content to Amazon saves time and ensures that consistent information will be sent all recipients.
Currently that content attributes ingested to Amazon’s Vendor Central are ingredient statements, nutrient type code, daily value intake percent, measurement precision code and quantity contained and UOM. The Amazon technology roadmap includes mapping more GDSN attributes, so it’s time to get started today!
Provide More Content to Amazon and Beyond
Consistent and fully populated product content allows your products to get discovered!
When you increase product content discoverability, you increase your brand awareness. It’s a fly wheel- but it starts with product content…
So why not leverage the GDSN data you have today and get it to Amazon? Ready to leverage your GDSN and get your products discovered by Amazon…..Learn more today!
- Are You Prepared to Tap Into Walmart’s Incredible E-Commerce Growth? - October 25, 2017
- Amazon’s Continued Content Attribute Explosion - September 19, 2017
- What is the cost of bad product content to your organization? - June 10, 2017