Calling all US Businesses! Are you ready to break into new and international marketplaces? It’s time to swipe right!
China marks its busiest shopping holiday on Nov. 11, Singles Day. Singles Day began as an anti-Valentine’s Day founded by college students in the 1990s, according to the Communist Party-owned People’s Daily.
Singles Day in China has become a major shopping holiday for the e-commerce giant. This year, sales from the event have hit a new record of $25.3 Billion (The New York Times 2017).
During Singles Day in 2016, more items were bought on Alibaba’s platform in that 24 hours than the entire combined Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales in the United States (CNBC 2017). It’s clear that this day and marketplace presents a huge opportunity for US Companies to drive sales.
It’s Time To Swipe Right and Get Your Products In Front of Chinese Consumers!
It’s clear, Singles Day and the Alibaba marketplace represents a great opportunity for US businesses to grow sales internationally.
It was estimated that 140,000 brands will participate in this year’s Singles Day and that 60,000 of them will be international brands (ET Retail 2017).
For US brands getting started they need to consider the drivers for Chinese shoppers’ purchases across borders which includes secure payment, payments possible in their local currency and proof of product authenticity.
Proof of product authenticity is driven by sharing reliable product content. The easiest way to accomplish this is by providing content directly to Alibaba via 1WorldSync Product Information Cloud (PIC).
Alibaba is sourcing attributes via the GDSN with their content strategy partner, 1WorldSync. Alibaba is now able to receive enriched, standardized product content from your company through the data synchronization process to improve the accuracy and trustworthiness of product content protecting brands against counterfeiters.
With 1WorldSync & Alibaba, It’s Easy to Mingle and Get Your Products in Front of Global Consumers
1WorldSync and Alibaba make it easy for US companies to mingle in global marketplace. It’s time to swipe right and get your products in front of Chinese consumers!
To learn more about mingling in the Chinese marketplace, join us for an upcoming webinar on Thursday, November 16th at 9 am ET/ 6 am PT to learn more about how you can get your products on the Alibaba platform and ensure the completeness and quality of the product content supplied via the GDSN.
- Take Control Of Your Product’s Experience On The Path To Purchase - February 15, 2018
- Tap Into The Power Of The Amazon Effect With 1WorldSync - January 18, 2018
- Walmart Drops ‘Stores’ from Name, Highlights the Importance of Getting Your Product Represented on Marketplaces! - January 11, 2018
- Amazon Wants Your GDSN Product Data in 2018! - December 12, 2017
- Product Content Is Your Brand’s Competitive Differentiator in an Omni-Channel World - November 20, 2017
- Single and Ready to Mingle? Alibaba’s Singles Day Event Reminds United States Businesses It May Be Time to “Swipe Right” in China! - November 13, 2017
- Upcoming Webinar: Tap into new market potential with Alibaba! - November 9, 2017
- Big Ten Attributes: Optimize Your Product And Amplify Your Brand With 1WorldSync - November 8, 2017
- Are You Prepared to Get Your Products Selling on Walmart.com Before the Holidays? - October 31, 2017
- Boost Sales and Break Into the Chinese Marketplace with Alibaba and 1WorldSync - October 30, 2017