88% of consumers say that detailed product content is extremely or very important to their purchasing decision. (Google Shopping Guide, 2016).
Consumers expect rich and trusted product content on all channels: desktop to mobile. Accurate, rich and timely product content is critical in the path to purchase from discovery to delight.
One may think that managing product content and data is easy, but the challenges include:
- 10’s enterprise systems in typical back end to manage product data.
- 100’s people sourcing, aggregating, cleansing data needed for commerce.
- 1000’s trading partners requiring exchange data with in a variety of formats.
- 10,000’s of websites, apps and 3rd parties, representing your product/brand to the consumer.
1WorldSync Omni-Channel Data Study: Charting Course for Connected Commerce
A new data study commissioned by 1WorldSync highlighted many of the key challenges suppliers and retailers face when trying to achieve true cross-commerce capabilities. The study surveyed 400 merchants and suppliers from Europe and the U.S. with more than $500 million in annual revenue, and uncovered key insights into the struggles that are faced in today’s omni-channel world.
Key findings suggest that a majority of merchants and suppliers are not fully prepared to meet the varied demands of modern customers. One major data highlight emerged:
Lack of content solutions hamper success: Half of merchants and suppliers do not use a third-party content provider, which hinders their ability to syndicate product content across channels and platforms.
Trusted Content, Everytime, Everywhere
Brands and retailers need trusted, experienced experts to help them on their product content journey towards a single source of truth!
On May 24, 1WorldSync is pleased to partner with Progressive Grocer and GMA and host a webinar on how to “Win Consumers On Their Path To Purchase With Trusted Product Content”.
Join industry leaders from Tyson, Mondelez and 1WorldSync for a compelling discussion and Q&A on:
- The evolution of the product content journey from supply chain to cross-channel commerce
- How trusted content is curated and delivered anytime, everywhere
- How to influence consumers with trusted product content strategies on the path to purchase
- How to effectively navigate hurdles encountered while integrating cross-channel capabilities
Recent research indicates that the product information management (PIM) market will be worth $15.78 billion by 2021 (Whatech 2017). The rising demand compliance and verification and need for operational excellence and data quality are driving the PIM market.
“Online retailers that offer compelling, engaging, and complete content to shoppers will be rewarded by repeat purchases, lower levels of returns, and long-term loyalty” says Nihat Arkan, CEO of 1WorldSync.
Compete With Trusted Product Content Your Customers Can Rely On
88% of consumers say that detailed product content is extremely or very important to their purchasing decision (Google Shopping Guide, 2016).
Accurate and timely product information is critical in the path to purchase from discovery to delight. It helps instill trust and customer loyalty in the interchangeable and complex world of retail.
Think about it! Can you imagine how drastically different our purchasing decisions would be if product content wasn’t as detailed as it is today?! Society relies heavily on the importance of obtaining detailed content…it would take us forever to get what we need and let’s face it, we aren’t getting any younger!
Common product content challenges that can slow down consumers’ product information journey include:
- Identification of data quality issues that inhibit complete, consistent, usable, high quality product content for internal and external use
- Demand of evolving cross-channel needs to aggregate and manage product data in one centralized location.
- Inability to deliver expected transparency into products and related attributes.
Discover 1WorldSync Services Experts in Product Content Management
1WorldSync Professional Services Team can address these challenges while building a partnerships that will outlast the initial engagement.
- We are global. Helping more than 25,000 global brands in 60 countries, the 1WorldSync Professional Services understands that no matter where you conduct business, trusted content matters.
- We know our stuff. Leading organizations put their faith in our hands because we bring over a decade of experience and offer a full spectrum of best-in-class product information strategies and services to support customer vision and growth.
- We’ve got your back. We understand your business, understand the toughest product content challenges you face and can deliver valuable services to address these challenges.
- We take you places. Then we can build the right blend of service offerings to help you share authentic, trusted content with your customers and move your business forward with decisions that you want – and confidence that you need.
Let’s get you set up for success today
- “Recent Research: Product information management market growing worth 15.78 billion USD by 2021”. Whatech 2017. https://www.whatech.com/market-research/it/260447-product-information-management-market-growing-worth-15-78-billion-usd-by-2021
- ‘Seven Steps To Successful Customer Experience Measurement’. Forrester 2016. Programs https://go.forrester.com/wp-content/uploads/Forrester-Seven-Steps-To-Successful-Customer-Experience.pdf