Where did summer go? Fall decorations, Halloween costumes and cold weather gear surrounds us and yet summer still lingers. It’s crazy how retail brings the seasons to us before mother-nature does. I have now succumbed to pumpkin lattes, Oktoberfest beers and started to decorate in browns and gold.
With the holiday season right around the corner Walmart is also preparing even before the first leaf has fallen. They have launched a new initiative to have their suppliers provide web-ready product information before the holiday season to ensure all in-store products will be available online; something crucial to retail business. The e-tail/retail industry prepares well in advance prior to every season, holiday and market event to make sure consumers have what they need, when they need it.
While we are busy carving pumpkins and raking leaves, Christmas deals and decorations will be at our fingertips before we know it. Thanksgiving is just 72 days away and with an onslaught of Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals, it’s the biggest shopping week of the year. In 2014 Walmart recorded “Cyber Monday” as the most online orders in a single day in history*, with most of its traffic coming from mobile devices. Walmart customers viewed more than 1.5 billion pages on Walmart.com (“Cyber Week” covers Thanksgiving Day thru to Cyber Monday).
Until a few years back before I started with 1WorldSync, I just assumed products magically appeared on the shelf or online. Businesses within the supply chain are challenged daily in meeting the demands of their customers and consumers. The “magic” is more like devoted time, expert resources and supported solutions.
1WorldSync is working with Walmart’s trading community to help them meet the October 1, 2015 deadline to make sure their products are available online for the holiday season and so consumers like you and I can get the best deals on what we want, where we want, and when we want it.
If you are a Brand Owner, Manufacturer, or Supplier, don’t let your products miss out this holiday season. Take it from the sad teddy bear that was left on the shelf or in the cart because he wasn’t ready on-time.
Click Here to learn more about the Walmart Initiative.
- Walmart.com is getting ready for Cyber Week…Are you? - September 15, 2015
- Consume with Peace of Mind - July 1, 2015
- 1WorldSync and Innovit Support Local Community – CASA 5K - April 23, 2015
- 1WorldSync & Clavis Insight: Benchmark Data Quality Study - December 22, 2014
- 1WorldSync Product Information Cloud (English Version) - December 4, 2014
- 1WorldSync’s customers have the convenience of having a “One Stop Shop”… - October 7, 2014
- Product Information Cloud Forecasted in Global Supply Chain - September 11, 2014
- Enable and Empower your Supply Chain! - July 23, 2014
- Omnipresent Approach to Next Generation Retail - June 18, 2014
- Addressing Continuous Product Safety & Compliance – Cope is not a Strategy! - April 24, 2014