They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but, in today’s economy, it’s also worth thousands of dollars.
Understanding the importance of digital assets seems second nature. A product’s main image is the salesman at 3:30 am when someone is shopping online. It’s customer support in the shape of a digitized instruction manual and the differentiator during a product comparison.
So if pictures are so important, why are there still products without images, or catalogs with only part numbers? The challenge is that 5 years ago digital assets were not nearly as important as they are today. The thirst for knowledge from end-consumers has moved into the supply chain. Sales teams use imagery to provide a clear idea of the product to prospective clients. Lifestyle images help customers and consumers visualize how products can be used and inspire creativity.
As the need for digital content, like product images and support documentation, continues to grow businesses need to understand how to extend their image programs to differentiate their products, brands, and reputation. Foodservice operators, hospitals, governmental agencies, mom and pop shops, and end consumers are all migrating to digital platforms that rely on digital assets.
The ability to visualize a product and how it can be used has a tangible impact on the bottom line. Dot Foods, a leading Foodservice distributor, increased web traffic and saw a dramatic increase in product searches through their expansion of digital assets on their online catalog. More images led to more traffic, which led to more sales. Read more about how Dot Foods extended the value of their image program by leveraging it with their Distributor Sales Representatives.
- To Marketplace, To Marketplace..To Buy And Sell! – Part 2 - October 19, 2017
- To Marketplace, To Marketplace..To Buy And Sell! – Part 1 - October 16, 2017
- What is the difference between a gorilla and a mouse? - October 5, 2017
- NRA, NSA and NBA..I have heard of those, but what is NRF? - October 2, 2017
- Out of Sight, Out of Mind..Does Your Brand Leave A Lasting Impression? - September 25, 2017
- Shift or Reverse? Retail Is Alive! - August 17, 2017
- It’s Just Commerce! - August 8, 2017
- 1WorldSync AUG 2017: What Happens In Vegas..Does Not Stay in Vegas! - July 5, 2017
- There is no I in Team…but there is a me - June 13, 2017
- Lights, Camera, Action: 1WorldSync AUG 2017 Awaits! - June 8, 2017