You Asked, We Listened!
At 1WorldSync, we’ve always valued the voice of our customers and over the past four years, we’ve implemented new functionality to meet the ever increasing demands of suppliers and retailers.
We’ve heard from our customers that their User Experience needed improvement and this year we’re excited to announce we’re delivering on our promise.
I sat down with Stefan Schweikart, CIO at 1WorldSync to understand what went into the new User Interface and how we partnered with our customers to increase the efficiency and user-friendliness of our solutions.
What can our customers expect with the new User Interface?
What you will see is the culmination of months of dedication from the 1WorldSync design and engineering teams who were obsessed with delivering a platform that would allow our customers to work faster and more efficiently, and strengthen their client relationships.
The new UI offers improved navigation, a new dashboard that allows for quicker interactions, new design of item editor and simpler creation and maintenance of packaging hierarchies.
In addition, the new, intelligent GPC-service offers you suggestions for the correct product classification based on the product name. The result is an intuitive, easy-to-use tool that vastly simplifies the user experience.
How did 1WorldSync partner with our clients to gather and implement their feedback?
With our customer centric heritage, we continued to listen to our customers and proactively engaged with them every step of the way in this project. We analyzed our customers’ individual behaviors to determine ways to improve and simplify their user experience.
Measuring user experience is not an easy task, as it’s all about what users think and feel thus for this reason we also utilized the System Usability Scale (SUS), giving a global view of subjective assessments of usability. We collected metrics based on quantitative data collected during user testing sessions and contextual interviews.
They SUS was very valuable in helping us source quantitative information. We collected as much data as we could so that we could have a clear picture on what improvements must be rolled out.
To improve the usability we also followed the ISO standards 9241 with significant tools like:
- Definition of user groups and personas
- Contextual interviews in each of the defined user groups
- Usage tests with thinking aloud
- Prototyping and immediate testing
- An open testing period in a separate beta environment with over 230 test users performing more than 400 various tests
When will the improvements be available?
The improvements were made available Friday, March 3rd for all WS|Publishing users starting. To find out more about the list of improvements visit here.
- Digital Catalogs Drive Conversions - April 20, 2017
- 1WorldSync Announces Improved User Interface (UI) Available to WS|Publishing Users - March 8, 2017
- Everyday is Black Friday with the 1WorldSync Omni-Channel Solutions. - October 19, 2016
- Summer Release Sneak Peek! - July 13, 2016
- Are You Ready For FDA UDI Compliance? - May 17, 2016