You Asked, We Listened!
At 1WorldSync, we’ve always valued the voice of our customers and over the past four years, we’ve implemented new functionality to meet the ever increasing demands of suppliers and retailers.
We’ve heard from our customers that their User Experience needed improvement and this year we’re excited to announce we’re delivering on our promise.
I sat down with Stefan Schweikart, CIO at 1WorldSync to understand what went into the new User Interface and how we partnered with our customers to increase the efficiency and user-friendliness of our solutions.
What can our customers expect with the new User Interface?
What you will see is the culmination of months of dedication from the 1WorldSync design and engineering teams who were obsessed with delivering a platform that would allow our customers to work faster and more efficiently, and strengthen their client relationships.
The new UI offers improved navigation, a new dashboard that allows for quicker interactions, new design of item editor and simpler creation and maintenance of packaging hierarchies.
In addition, the new, intelligent GPC-service offers you suggestions for the correct product classification based on the product name. The result is an intuitive, easy-to-use tool that vastly simplifies the user experience.
How did 1WorldSync partner with our clients to gather and implement their feedback?
With our customer centric heritage, we continued to listen to our customers and proactively engaged with them every step of the way in this project. We analyzed our customers’ individual behaviors to determine ways to improve and simplify their user experience.
Measuring user experience is not an easy task, as it’s all about what users think and feel thus for this reason we also utilized the System Usability Scale (SUS), giving a global view of subjective assessments of usability. We collected metrics based on quantitative data collected during user testing sessions and contextual interviews.
They SUS was very valuable in helping us source quantitative information. We collected as much data as we could so that we could have a clear picture on what improvements must be rolled out.
To improve the usability we also followed the ISO standards 9241 with significant tools like:
- Definition of user groups and personas
- Contextual interviews in each of the defined user groups
- Usage tests with thinking aloud
- Prototyping and immediate testing
- An open testing period in a separate beta environment with over 230 test users performing more than 400 various tests
When will the improvements be available?
The improvements were made available Friday, March 3rd for all WS|Publishing users starting. To find out more about the list of improvements visit here.
- Single and Ready to Mingle? Alibaba’s Singles Day Event Reminds United States Businesses It May Be Time to “Swipe Right” in China! - November 13, 2017
- Upcoming Webinar: Tap into new market potential with Alibaba! - November 9, 2017
- Big Ten Attributes: Optimize Your Product And Amplify Your Brand With 1WorldSync - November 8, 2017
- Are You Prepared to Get Your Products Selling on Walmart.com Before the Holidays? - October 31, 2017
- Boost Sales and Break Into the Chinese Marketplace with Alibaba and 1WorldSync - October 30, 2017
- Opportunity is Calling! Break into the Chinese Market with Alibaba and 1WorldSync - October 23, 2017
- Get Your Product to Walmart.com Before the Holidays - October 11, 2017
- Great News for Kroger VIP Suppliers! Go further with your product content and get your products to new shelves - October 9, 2017
- Great News for 1WorldSync Customers! Amazon Sources Product Attributes Via The GDSN - September 27, 2017
- Walmart and Google Take on Amazon! - August 28, 2017