At 1WorldSync, we are dedicated to providing our community with collaborative platforms for open engagement and industry alignment. Input from the 1WorldSync community drives our efforts to provide collaborative platforms that deliver information and interactions that benefit our customers. 1WorldSync 2017 Annual User Group (AUG), Americas is a collaborative event that provides this platform for our customers to engage, interact and share best practices, community needs, and encourage user-lead information sharing. In preparation for this worthy event, below are my personal Top 5 Reasons to attend this year’s 1WorldSync 2017 Annual User Group, Americas held in Las Vegas, NV on June 19-20, 2017.
- Vegas here we come! Site of the Elvis comeback, the Bellagio fountains, amazing food, and even the Statue of Liberty and Eiffel Tower! Okay to be fair the last 2 aren’t the “real” ones, but you get the gist. It is an amazing event hosted in an amazing city.
- How you network in Vegas, doesn’t have to stay in Vegas…. In the past, I connected with peers I knew, created new ones and formed relationships that helped us learn from one another. AUG allows us as a community to explore opportunities and discover solutions that impact industries while allowing organizations across multiple industries the opportunity to network.
- Not married? You will be married…to Product Content. In regards to product content, 1WorldSync strives to achieve excellence in providing accurate and trustworthy product content to our customers, and understanding where the industries as a whole are moving and our customer’s needs has helped to refine our company’s path. As we share authentic, trusted content with customers and consumers, we empower them to make the right choices, purchases, health and lifestyle decisions.
- Where the Sky’s the Limit. After participating in multiple Annual User Group events, I am continuously surprised to learn something new from our attendees and their presentations. It amazes me still that having been a part of this event for 10+ years, each year generates more innovation and new perspectives. Becoming educated on standard changes, innovations within the marketplace and how this impacts our organization always provided value and insight.
- The city of Bright Lights and a Bright Future for the 1WorldSync Community. One of the things you can depend on being discussed during our Annual User Groups are seeing what innovations & solutions 1WorldSync is developing in order to continue to improve capabilities for our community members. Our plans demonstrate our commitment to our customers and the path we are working towards to continuously add value to the 1WorldSync Community.
With the leadership and guidance of our customers, I promise that this year’s Annual User Group, Americas will be a power packed two-day event filled with collaboration, engagement and best practice learning.
Be sure to follow us @1WorldSync on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to hear more from us through our exclusive #RoadtoAUG17. We hope to see you in Vegas!
for more information and sign up for event updates.
for your conference pass and save 15% before March 31, 2017.
As 1WorldSync’s self-proclaimed community enabler, I am beyond excited to offer the 1WorldSync Community exclusive access to industry innovators who are excelling in today’s digital world. We invite you to to meet experts from Walgreen’s, Tyson, Kellogg’s, Johnson & Johnson and more!
At 1WorldSync, we are dedicated to providing our community with collaborative platforms for open engagement and industry alignment. Input from the 1WorldSync community drives our efforts to provide collaborative platforms that deliver information and interactions that benefit our customers. The WorldSync 2016 Annual User Group, Americas provides this platform for our customers to engage, interact and share best practices, community needs and encourage user-lead information sharing. Below are my personal Top 5 Reasons to attend this year’s Annual User Group, Americas.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but, in today’s economy, it’s also worth thousands of dollars.
Understanding the importance of digital assets seems second nature. A product’s main image is the salesman at 3:30 am when someone is shopping online. It’s customer support in the shape of a digitized instruction manual and the differentiator during a product comparison.
Recently, I became a father and with that came a bunch of new purchases; changing tables, bath toys, strollers…this was all new to me. Each new item brought a new set of buying requirements (mostly from my wife). I didn’t know we needed a certain diaper type for night time, or that a stroller had to be easy to turn and collapse (that is key, actually!). I was merely going off of the experiences of our friends, basing my buying decisions on recommendations and price.
The need for product information is on the rise; everyone wants it and everyone needs it. From your procurement officer to your end consumer, product information is impacting your business’s bottom line. Whether that impact is positive or negative is greatly dependent on the quality of your product information. Enabling your business to deliver high quality product information sets your business up for success in today’s market place. As the global leader in enabling trusted product information exchange, 1WorldSync has identified 4 key steps to delivering quality product information to trading partners:
- Understand what information is needed to support your products
a. Discover what information is needed to register your items within the Global Data Synchronization Network (GDSN)
i. Some required information needed to register your items in the Global Registry includes:
1. Global Location Number (GLN)
2. Global Trade Item Numbers (GTIN), make sure to follow the GTIN allocation rules
3. Understanding how to build Product Hierarchies
b. Visit the Landing pages of the Recipients you wish to publish data to in order to understand the specific content requirements each recipient is looking for on your products.
i. Understand what Top-off attributes are needed to ensure a complete item record is published to your recipients. These may or may not be part of a standard GDSN attribute set.
ii. Some of the Recipients have provided a portal for you to see their entire requirements. An example of this is Kroger’s VIP Portal access.
iii. Utilize tools like The Attribute Graph (TAG) to gain further insight into the requirements across multiple recipients at one time.
- Build up a process for information gathering and governance to ensure you product records meet the information needs of your recipients.
a. Gather the needed information or attributes of your product discovered during step 1. These attributes may be stored in several locations across your organization.
i. GDSN Core
ii. Recipient Core
iii. Recipient Extended information sets
iv. Digital Assets
b. Instituting a foundation of Data Governance at the start
i. Understanding who owns the information or attributes and values within your organization
ii. Is there a cleanup processed needed on your information to ensure it meets all requirements discovered in Step 1?
- Determine the right distribution method to get your content to your recipients through GDSN
a. Automated information uploads and publications utilizing XML
b. Manual Portal entry
c. Select a data loading service
- Maintain and Support your product information. Once you synchronize your information to the recipient, the process has not finished. There may be specific clarifications or inconsistencies that you need to address. Also recipients are continuing to expand their need for information on your products.
a. Review Data Accuracy Score Cards provided by recipients to highlight information challenges.
b. Stay up to date on the latest recipient requirements
i. Landing Pages
c. Utilize the business and governance processes put into place during step 2.
i. Information is constantly changing as marketing and brand owners continue to customize and position their products towards specific end consumers. These changes in information need to flow to your recipients to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction for your products.
ii. Digital Assets are the face of your product in a digital world. If there are changes to the package, a new image is needed.
Read more about how global industry leaders are leveraging 1WorldSync to enable their businesses for trusted product information exchange. Click here to learn more.